Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Heather reacts to: "Las 7 búsquedas más perturbadoras hechas en Google", by DrossRotzank

Hi! Welcome to my second "Heather reacts to"! First of all, I want you to know two thinks about the entry you're about to read: 1. The video I'm using as a reference is not in English, though you will understand what I mean even without seeing the video. 2. This is not a humor entry: it's a little thought about what some people wants and looks for in the Internet (I include myself in that collective of people) and other modes of entertainment.

I'll try to gradually change the topic so I can get into the specific thing I wanted to talk about. I'll maybe do it wrong enough to look like a retard, sorry for that.

So, this is the video:


If you've seen it by now, I'm sure you thought something like "maybe these searches on Google are critical and perhaps a little bit sad because of the situation the people who searches it has to be in, but they are not scary at all". That's what I specially wanted to talk about today: we don't just want horror, we want that our curiosity forces us to look for scary things so we can get scared enough to suffer.

I know, maybe this is getting a little bit difficult to understand if you didn't see the video. Let me explain it: the author, Dross, shows us some popular Google searches that are a little bit shocking since "How to abort a baby at home", for example, is not searched by someone who is not in a really critical situation. Dross call these kind of searches "disturbing". I won't say they are not, but I'm pretty sure if someone watches a video called "The 7 most disturbing searches on Google", they're looking for scary things.

What I mean is that, in my opinion (I've followed Dross since long ago and he has shown really scary things), this video was specially disappointing: and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who thinks like this. We're acostumated to see things just much more scary than poor people searching how to auto-sex-change theirselves: we don't care about disgrace of the others, we want the adrenaline of the K-Fee Commercials, the mystery of The Cursed Cleenex Commercial of 1961, the fear of Smile.dog and the Jumpscare of Jeff the Killer. We don't want to get surprised, we just want to be scared enough to not sleep anymore in our lives!

If you're not one of this collective, you sure are thinking something like "I can't see the point of this, they just want to suffer?" Here's the point: me neither. But, wait, let's move to another popular topic: TV. And, the question is: "Heather, what's wrong with TV?" Ok, here's the answer: it makes me want to cry that people sees TV programmes that actually make them cry. I mean, what's the point of it? You see some actor or actress pretending to die just to suffer for a character that, in most cases, doesn't even exist? WHAT?

What I mean is that (I know I'm using these words too much) people takes $#lT as it was a masterpiece: look at, for example, Clannad. It's the most frigging boring anime series I've ever seen and, guess what, it's considered one of the best animes ever... I give up on humanity.

So, if you want to enjoy, take ENTERTAINMENT MEDIA as ENTERTAINMENT and stop swallowing lacrymogenic stuff: just because everyone says it is a masterpiece, doesn't mean it is. If somethings makes you cry and doesn't help you at all, just stop doing it! Have your own criterion! Don't pretend to like something just because everyone likes it!

I know, I don't express my opinion well. Hope you understood, if it was possible to understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment